Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Playing in the Flower Bed

One morning while weeding the flowerbed - well, okay, I was supervising my nephew who was weeding the flowerbed, but, anyway - I decided to let Junior get down on the ground and play. I wanted to see what he would do. This wasn't his first encounter with grass, but it was his first encounter with flowers. Here are some cute pictures of his adventure.

First, he inspects the flowers. Notice the binky in the mouth, that is essential so mommy isn't constantly doing finger sweeps to get all the dirt/grass/flowers/weeds out of it.

Now he gets insterested in the camera.
Now he's sad that he can't have the camera.
Now he's just being cute!






And he's discovered the dirt!
I didn't let him play too long in the dirt. I didn't want to give him a bath and the weeding was done. But he had a really fun time playing outside on this nice morning - before it got too hot!

I just love watching him discover things that are really mundane to me. Having children is amazing, it's like seeing the world for the first time all over again!

Loves,
Karen

No comments: