Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Tasty Recipe

So I found the best meat loaf recipe ever on the Food Network website. Here's the recipe:

1 pound ground beef
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
1/2 cup quick-cooking oats

Topping:
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon prepared mustard

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Mix all meatloaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.

Topping: Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf. Bake for 1 hour.

I don't usually add the green pepper, mostly because I never have one on hand. And I like to spoon the meat mixture into a muffin tin because it takes about half as long to bake. The topping is delicious and the meat loaf is never dry. I love this and so does Jonathan, which says a lot!

Enjoy!

No comments: