Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Dad

As some of you may know, my dad is a Mexican. That is, he was born and raised in Mexico and now has dual American/Mexican citizenship. But, in case you're wondering, he's white. He lived in the Mormon Colonies in Mexico, but that really doesn't make him less Mexican to me. He has studied the language and culture extensively and has been a professor of Latin American Studies for the last 25 year. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I'm so glad to have his foreign roots as part of my history.

My dad has always loved music. He's now fulfilling his dream of becoming a marketed musician and he now has his own website - which I've posted on my sidebar to the left - where you can buy his music, view photos, news, his bio, etc. I'm so proud of him and I hope you like what you see/hear at his site.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

camfox said...

My mom just sent me your dad's cd in the mail yesterday. I love it! He's so talented.
I've done the same explaining, "My dad is Mexican. . ." In the end, I always tell people, "My dad's heart is Mexican." Fun post Karen.