Sunday, May 04, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes

I babysat my sisters youngest two kids last Tuesday night. I wish I had taken pictures of them because they were so cute. Braden was fascinated with our dogs and they entertained him 90% of the time. Megan had fun exploring the house and coloring. They are the cutest kids.

When I sat down on our couch Braden came over and sat by me and looked around him for a minute, then he said to me "Oh, where's Jesus?" Then pointing to a picture on the wall, "there He is!" That meant so much to me. First, I was so impressed that Braden, a two-year-old, recognized Jesus and knows his name, what a tribute to my sister and her great parenting. Second, I was so grateful that we have a picture of Christ in our home for people to see and recognize. How important it is for us to allow our Saviour to have a presence in our home. I hope that when I have children someday they will always be able to recognize Jesus Christ.


No comments: