Monday, June 23, 2008

Testimony

As I prepare to go to the temple I've been thinking a lot about my testimony lately. There's no doubt in my mind that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church. I've been thinking a lot about Joseph Smith lately and what a marvelous and scary thing he did. I can't imaging how lonely he felt through most of his life, being the only one on the earth with first-hand knowledge of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and their true gospel. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for him, just a boy, to endure the persecution he did, and it never ended. Even when the church was growing and there were other witnesses, he was still hounded, hunted. It's sad how he and other church members were treated, but if it wasn't for them and their strength and courage I wouldn't be able to freely worship today. I know I take it for granted. I've never had someone want to kill me for my religion, seriously try to take my life because of what I believed.

I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon as well. What a special companion it is to the Bible. The information contained in its pages is infinite, just like the gospel. There's no end to learning and progressing within this church. And it's sad but true that some of us (myself included) have to learn the same things time and time again. But that's the best part, that you can.

I love the church. I love my Heavenly Father. I love my savior, Jesus Christ. I love Joseph Smith. And I love the current prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I know this gospel is true. I know it.

No comments: