Thursday, March 06, 2008

thought of all the stupid things i've done

I don't know about you, but I know I've said a lot of stupid things in my life. I don't know why I can't learn the lesson to think before I speak. This fault of mine has plagued me for a long time. Here are a couple of examples:

  • The time I went shopping with a friend and remarked about how some of the clothing in the store was "school teacher bad". My friend, bless her, was so sweet when she said, "I'll have to tell my mom about this store then." I felt awful, I totally forgot that her mom taught elementary school.
  • Or the time when my husband and I were talking to a car salesman about a $25,000 truck. When the salesman asked what kind of payment we were hoping for I said, "we'd like to keep it under $200." The salesman was nice when he said that if they were allowed to finance cars for 30 years, they would.

Let's not mention the times I've "let the cat out of the bag" on secret matters. I think I'm just going to try to keep my mouth shut from now on, unless I'm blogging, of course.

2 comments:

Washington Family said...

Karen~ I'm pretty sure that we can both admit that I say way more stupid things in an hour than you would in a year, no, decade! You are the....yes honest but most kindest, genuine, loving, helpful, incredibly smart person and I would have never thought that you would think that you would ever say any thing dumb-it's just not in the cards for you! I love you and miss you so much, you look great by the way. What's this I hear about you going to the temple? Tell me when I want to come! if that's okay? i quess I just invited myself to a very private ordeal, sorry. But keep up the hard work, Satan no doubt will try to ruin that- you can do it!
You're the best!

Karen said...

Rach, you're so sweet. I think I get dumber as I get older, I'm not the same wise Karen I used to be :)
Thanks for the comment, I will definitely let you know when we get sealed. And you need to post more baby pictures on your blog!
Love ya!